About ...For more than 12 years The Blue Breeze Band has been providing Southern & Central California meetings & conventions and weddings and special events with the finest Motown R&B Soul Funk and Jazz & Blues Live music entertainment! Dana Point Wedding Musicians, L.A. Soul R&B Bands, L.A. Funk R&B Bands, Motown Party Band!
CONTACT: Harold Wherry / The Blue Breeze Band
PHONE: (310) 259-0714 or (760) 587-5069[message]
With 30 years of significant experience working on and off the stage as a professional guitarist Harold decided just over 14+ years ago to start his own band. The BLUE BREEZE BAND specializes in providing concert quality "Motown R&B Soul Funk and Jazz & Blues" music for Corporate Events, Conferences, Weddings, Athletic Events, Concerts, Festivals, Fundraisers & Special Occasions. (Large and Small Events)
NOTE: Blue Breeze also performs light and easy background music that is a perfect fit for socials, banquets, mixers, cocktail/dinner parties and meetings.
_ During the past years Harold has worked with countless brides, grooms and wedding & event planners establishing himself and the Blue Breeze Band as a source for the highest quality Live Music entertainment.
Harold’s stylistically wide-range and soulful guitar playing have a unique way of catching the collective ear. During his formative years, Harold was influenced by a steady diet of R&B, blues and jazz on the club scene in Los Angeles, and he, himself, has contributed immeasurably to that very scene as a professional musician. As a teenager he backed soul/R&B singer Bobby Byrd (stage name: Bobby Day) hit songs: “Rockin Robin”, “Little Bitty Pretty One” Over & Over and since then has performed with a Coasters tribute band, a Marvelettes tribute band and with various Motown R&B Soul bands throughout Los Angeles and southern California,
Harold can also be see playing guitar in the Warner Bros. movie:
"Why Do Fools Fall In Love" staring Lorenze Tate as singer Frankie Lymon.
Click Here To Learn More About Me
THE BLUE BREEZE BAND
CORPORATE - CONFERENCES - FESTIVALS - WEDDINGS
THE BLUE BREEZE BAND IS A SIX TO NINE-PIECE BAND OF PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS CONSISTING OF:
- Harold Wherry: Electric guitar and nylon string acoustic guitar... has worked with Bobby Day (writer of Rockin' Robin, Little Bitty Pretty One, Over & Over); with Bobby and the Famous Coasters, with a Marvelettes Revue band to name a few. Harold learned to play rhythm and lead guitar by playing along with early Motown, Stax, and Atlantic 45's and albums by the Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Sam & Dave, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding, Booker T. & The M.G.'s, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Minnie Riperton, and Chaka Khan.
- Laia Jones: Vocals... A Memphis native, Laia began singing with her church choir at age seven and hasn't stopped singing since. She began honing her craft and decided early in life to pursue this passion. Many of the Motown hits that she sings today are near and dear to her heart because her father, an avid listener of many of Motown's finest, played the music as Laia was growing up. Laia has worked with many artists in Gospel, Country, Rock, and R&B over the years including: Earnest Pugh, Donald Lawrence, Damita Haddon, Rod Stewart, Mary J. Blige, and Dolly Parton to name a few.
- Bob Henley iii: Vocals... Bob
grew up in Chicago singing with the local church and community college choirs. Bob
has performed with many prominent artists, such as Smokey Robinson (for 10
years), The Temptations and Rose Royce.
Bob has also song the National Anthem at various sporting events and he
has performed and recorded with the world famous soul/r&b/funk band
- Richard Moorings: Keyboards, Vocals and Trombone... formally with vocalist Tina Marie, has worked with The Four Tops, Billy Preston, The Sylvers, The Delfonics, Bobby and the Famous Coasters, with a Marvelettes Revue and with the funk/R&B group L.T.D., to name a few!
- Darryl Bomar: 4, 5, and 6 string Electric Bass Guitar and vocals… "Cross-trained" as a musician who spans several genres, Darryl’s professional experience also includes rock, blues, and all styles of jazz. A Detroit native, Darryl grew-up listening to and seeing some of Motown's finest groups and musicians including bassist "James Jamerson" and "Bob Babbit" of The Funk Brothers.
- Buster Harrell: Drums and vocals... His catalog, his ability, and his style enable him to be an artist, (who also sings), that is sought after when the gig requires a veteran.
- Tim Anderson: Tenor Sax and vocals... Tim has performed Motown Soul R&B and Jazz all over Los Angeles and has toured Japan. His contemporary sound mixed with Motown, Soul, R&B, & Funk sax style has a presence that excites all audiences.
- Tyrone Griffin: Trumpet, Flugelhorn and vocals... Tyrone Griffin Sr. grew up in West Los Angeles where he studied music under the directive of Donald DeSimon and Mr. E. Larocka. Ty graduated and studied with Ed Jackson and David E. Sears. He later began employment with A&M Records where he took a job as a recording engineer. He engineered on many outstanding projects, such as Joni Mitchell, Freddie Hubbard, Quincy Jones, The Brothers Johnson, Stanley Clark, and Minnie Riperton. Ty later went on the road with The Brothers Johnson where Ty was a Trumpet player and background Vocalist for the phenomenal group. After touring with The Brothers Johnson, Ty toured with Evelyn Champagne King as her keyboard player. He later joined the sensational group Lakeside as a keyboard player and vocalist. He toured the world with Lakeside for five years. While, touring with Lakeside, Ty recorded sessions with Rick James, Teena Marie, Jermaine Stewart, Richard Tee, Eric Benet, Snoop Dogg, 2pac, Jon B, Dr. Dre, The Dogg Pound, Immature, Brandy, DJ Quick, The Gap Band, Penny Ford, Philip Bailey, Pretty in Pink, Shanice Wilson and Boss Skank. Also, Ty entertained on various television shows, such as, Melrose Place, Vibe, The Keenen Ivory Wayans Show, Soul Train, Donnie and Marie, Howie Mandel, The Apollo, The Magic Hour, The View, BET, Sound Stage, Motown Live, Saturday Night Special and The Midnight Special which all proved to be a success. Ty has also toured with Raphael Saadiq, Teena Marie, and LTD. ....and the list goes on and on!
Thus far, Blue Breeze has acquired an impressive repertoire of performances for audiences from different walks of life from all over the world. To name a few, they have performed for former President Bill Clinton, the United States Armed Services in Okinawa, Japan, the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, the 50th Anniversary Tribute to Motown for the City of Culver City, and performed for 7,500+ Auburn University fans at the 2014 BCS National Championship pregame Tailgate Party at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena California.
The Blue Breeze Band is an Award Winning premier Dance Party band that specializes in classic Top-40 Motown, R&B, Soul, Funk, (90's Hip Hop) and Jazz & Blues music. We have been “A Name People Can Trust” for over 12 years! We offer you the finest Wedding & Special Event Entertainment in southern & central California!
Our music is Lively, Energetic and Fun and guaranteed to have you and your guests dancing all night long.
We will provide you with a Concert Quality performance for your Special Event!
PERFORMING IN THE BACKGROUND