About ...For more than 12 years The Blue Breeze Band has been providing Southern & Central California meetings & conventions and weddings and special events with the finest Motown R&B Soul Funk and Jazz & Blues Live music entertainment! Dana Point Wedding Musicians, L.A. Soul R&B Bands, L.A. Funk R&B Bands,
Harold Wherry / The Blue Breeze Band
(310) 259-0714 or (760) 587-5069
_ With 30 years of significant experience working on and off the stage as a professional guitarist Harold decided just over 14+ years ago to start his own band. The BLUE BREEZE BAND specializes in providing concert quality "Motown R&B Soul Funk and Jazz & Blues" music for Weddings & Special Events.
During the past years Harold has also worked with countless brides, grooms and wedding & event planners establishing himself and the Blue Breeze Band as a source for the highest quality Live Music entertainment.
Harold’s stylistically wide-range and soulful guitar playing have a unique way of catching the collective ear. During his formative years, Harold was influenced by a steady diet of R&B, blues and jazz on the club scene in Los Angeles, and he, himself, has contributed immeasurably to that very scene as a professional musician. As a teenager he backed soul/R&B singer Bobby Byrd (stage name: Bobby Day) hit songs: “Rockin Robin”, “Little Bitty Pretty One” Over & Over and since then has performed with a Coasters tribute band, a Marvelettes tribute band and with various Motown R&B Soul bands throughout Los Angeles and southern California, (including the famous HARVELLE'S BLUES CLUB in Santa Monica CA. and The BLUE CAFE in Long Beach CA.).
Harold can also be see playing guitar in the Warner Bros. movie:
"Why Do Fools Fall In Love" staring Lorenze Tate as singer Frankie Lymon.
Click Here To Learn More About Me
THE BLUE BREEZE BAND
THE BLUE BREEZE BAND IS A SIX-PIECE BAND OF PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS CONSISTING OF:
- Harold Wherry: Electric guitar and nylon string acoustic guitar... has worked with Bobby Day (writer of Rockin' Robin, Little Bitty Pretty One, Over & Over); and with Bobby and the Famous Coasters, to name a few. Harold learned to play rhythm and lead guitar by playing along with early Motown, Stax, and Atlantic 45's and albums by the Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Sam & Dave, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding, Booker T. & The M.G.'s, and James Brown.
- Nolan "Doc" Semien: When
Nolan was a teenager he would stand on the back steps of the house, and pretend
to be on stage, imitating Wilson Pickett, Jackie Wilson or James Brown. In the late 1970’s he became the lead
vocalist for the r&b soul group “Zoom.” In 1981 they released their first
album on the Polydor Label entitled "Saturday Saturday Night". They
appeared on Soul Train, opened for The Isley Bros. and R&B sensation Bobby
Womack. In 1983 they signed with MCA records and released the “Blasting Off”
LP. During the late 1980’s – 90’s he performed all over L.A. County, even
singing with Kel Osborne's Drifters, and
Eddie Daniel's-Those Amazing Platters.
- Richard Moorings: Keyboards, Vocals and Trombone... formally with vocalist Tina Marie, has worked with The Four Tops, Billy Preston, The Sylvers, The Delfonics, and with the funk/R&B group L.T.D., to name a few!
- Darryl Bomar: 4, 5, and 6 string Electric Bass Guitar and background vocals… "Cross-trained" as a musician who spans several genres, Darryl’s professional experience also includes rock, blues, and all styles of jazz. A Detroit native, Darryl grew-up listening to and seeing some of Motown's finest groups and musicians including bassist "James Jamerson" and "Bob Babbit" of The Funk Brothers.
- Buster Harrell: Drums and vocals... His catalog, his ability, and his style enable him to be an artist, (who also sings), that is sought after when the gig requires a veteran.
- Tim Anderson: Tenor Sax and vocals... Tim has performed Motown Soul R&B and Jazz all over the Los Angeles and toured Japan. His contemporary Motown, Soul, R&B, & Funk sax style has a presence that excites all audiences.
Thus far, Blue Breeze has acquired an impressive repertoire of performances for audiences from different walks of life from all over the world. To name a few, they have performed for former President Bill Clinton, the United States Armed Services in Okinawa, Japan, the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach and the 50th Anniversary Tribute to Motown for the City of Culver City.
The Blue Breeze Band is an Award Winning premier Dance Party band that specializes in classic Top-40 Motown, R&B, Soul, Funk, (90's Hip Hop) and Jazz & Blues music. We have been “A Name People Can Trust” for over 12 years! We offer you the finest Wedding & Special Event Entertainment in southern & central California!
Our music is Lively, Energetic and Fun and will have you and your guests on their dancing feet all night long. We will provide you with a Concert Quality performance for your Wedding or Special Event!
We know your time is important to you and we want to help you make your event Extra Special by offering you our Live Music Entertainment Services.
We can also provide you ambient music for your listening pleasure: Dinner/Cocktail Parties – Luncheons – Socials - Garden Parties – Meetings - Art Shows and Small Groups gatherings.